Mindfulness Health Presents...

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Something for Nothing

Hello All,

Happy New Year! I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful holiday season and you are all ready to continue or start a yoga practice that will support your overall health and well-being. A dedicated practice (and there is no experience necessary) will improve your energy level, strength and flexibility and reduce stress.

I have noticed more and more of these "passive fitness" tools like the shoes and boots that help tone your muscles just by walking (BTW walking with any shoes or boots will help tone your muscles). I am sure there is some science behind it but these products appeal to our culture's "something for nothing" mentality. When I first discovered yoga, I was a heavy smoker (surprised?) and was amazed at how easily I shed the habit when I began paying attention to my breath. I never really "quit" smoking but rather I started breathing. The breath is the very source of life, the first thing we get and the last thing to go. Pay close attention to your breath and notice the quality of your life improve. Allow every exhale to become the end and each inhale to usher in a brand new moment. Life begins and ends with the breath and it may be the one thing that really gives you something for nothing.

We will practice doing something and nothing at the Boathouse this evening at 7 pm. If you have been doing nothing for your health come to this class and I promise you will get something out of it. If you have been doing something to stay fit and healthy then come and do nothing during our relaxation and you will get something out of it....either way you win so there are no excuses.

Namaste,

Steve
Yogi Jayanta

No comments:

Post a Comment